thank uuu @valcoholics + @losingmyego for the quick + thorough feedback. I have responses + qs to a few things, and will defer the stuff more related to creative direction to @dannydiamonds + @jawn:
What will title be + will this be a zora generative drop ? - Val
– Title of the prop/resulting work still tbd (taking suggestions), just needed to throw something out there. Also not sure of the exact distro mechanics (ex: one drop vs series of drops), but feel like vagueness is fine and can be solidified during the exploration + will be officially decided when the follow up prop goes out to deploy the collection(s)
– would be awesome if we could use this as an opp to figure out foundation/manifold deployment. thats something that will be in my scope to figure out
Curation Qs + Admin concerns - Val
– by the time stuff would be ready to be released (roughly end of jan/beginning of feb), would be ideal if 1) updated protocol is live 2) we have a vague plan for our strategy related to curation
– slightly confused about the point about presenting retroactive funding. I understand there is stuff for FF89de to figure out, but this proposal feels mainly separate from that conversation. Agree that optics/precedent are important, could you plz provide more specific concerns related to this issue?
Zorb qs + proposal purpose + community discussion - losingmyego
– This forum post is us publicizing the idea for community discussion! Purpose for this DRAFT post was to solicit the exact type of feedback we have gotten so far. Is there additional engagement/outreach u are wishing we did here? Imo figuring out what the minimal amount of community engagement / pre-planning is necessary is to get proposals 1) aligned with community 2) passed – is key to making the proposal process as frictionless/not-annoying as possible to encourage consistent participation + action, while still ensuring that anything that passes is directionally aligned w/ general consensus
– I agree that I personally am most interested in seeing “expansive” visual progression for PA which creates/moves thing in directions we have currently not explored (aka not zorbs). That being said I think work focused on exploring core symbology (one example of which are the governance tokens) will always be important. I also want to emphasize that the initial work Danny has done experimenting was just directional and not intended to represent what the final output will look like. Will defer to @dannydiamonds + @jawn here to speak on this. I imagine a request of being “more expansive/less zorby” will be met enthusiastically
– “drive behind symbol exploration” – I feel like the answer to this is relatively simple. Goal is to expand the visual language/identity of PA, in a non prescriptive way – meaning there is a general creative direction to go in that this prop is suggesting but the final direction will be found during the process of doing the work. @dannydiamonds + @jawn do u have anything else to add here? Imo “PA symbol exploration” should/will probably end up being something we want to be funding in multiple directions simultaneously on a recurring basis
Funding request - losingmyego
– The hope with this proposal is to provide Danny + Jawn with funding upfront as well as % upside on the eventual collection released through PA. Funding approach was inspired by the recent NounsDAO drop proposal, which was the follow up proposal to 125ETH that was given to fund the creation of the media that is being dropped. In that instance, the creative team received both upfront funding + a 40% split on the collection upside
– I agree retroactive + performance based funding stratgeies will be extremely helpful/useful generally speaking (esp in the eventual prop house), but hope that we dont shy away from funding artists upfront when we deem the prop/effort worthy
What does open sourced mean? - Val
– By open source we mean exactly what you hinted at – being that once the project is done all of the output (asset/figma/blender files, process documentation, etc.) will be published onchain to add to what hopefully becomes a growing pool of artistic + technical resources for the community (and others outside the community).
– The scope of this proposal is quite small, funding request also (relatively) small, and if passed would activate two extremely talented non founding members to expand PA’s visual identity. This is intended to be a fun, experimental, “not too serious” way for us to get the ball rolling on actively leveraging the treasury to do things.
– Danny / Jawn will be the person who actually submits this proposal onchain